The Welding Institute YUG operates as an ISO EN 17020 accredited type A Inspection Body.
The Welding Institute YUG is an authorised inspection body for Pressure Vessels, Electrical Equipment & Installations and performs inspection and certification on pressure vessels and also is providing services of inspection in area of electrical power producing installations and electrical equipment. The Institute provides for clearance for safe use of the equipment installed in mentioned areas. All inspections are carried out in accordance with the relevant European and / or US specifications applicable.
A bespoke Database is created for each client
The main areas of inspection are:
• QAQC – Quality Control and Quality Assurance
• Welding inspection, supervision and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
• Corrosion Monitoring, RBI program management
• Painting and Coating Inspections, Cathodic Protection inspection & consulting
• Crane and Lifting equipment inspection and certification
• Upstream inspection at various rig sites, drilling tools and tubular handling and hoisting equipment at API/DS1 intervals; on & off shore.
A Multi-Disciplined Team with such skill sets as lifting, NDT and electric can be utilised to save cost, bed spaces and rotations.
NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING:
The Institute utilises technical personnel who are highly qualified in both conventional and advanced NDT methods. Our personnel are qualified according to European and American standards such as EN473, SNT-TC-1A. In order to have highly qualified personnel we provide professional training courses in-house at our dedicated training centres strategically placed around the world. Whilst the training is carried out in house independent examinations are given by the appropriate body.
A full range of conventional NDT is available and our technicians are multi-disciplined as in they hold more than one type of method qualification/certification:
• Ultrasonic thickness & flaw detection
• Magnetic Particle
• Dye Penetrant
For the specific needs of our clients, APAVE has adopted and specialised in the following Advanced NDT Methods:
• Phased Array (PA)
• Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD)
• Long Range Ultrasonic Testing (LRUT)
• Automatic Ultrasonic Testing (AUT)
• Maps can (C-scan Corrosion Mapping with AUT)
• Infrared Thermography (IRT)
• Digital/Computed Radiography (DRT)
• Positive Material Inspection (PMI)
• Endoscopy/Videos copy (VT)
• Eddy Current Testing (ET) IRIS, RFT & NFT - Tubes Inspections (For Heat Exchangers) • Leak Testing (LT)
• Tank Floor Inspection (Floor Scan)
• Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
• Acoustic Emission (AE)
We have specialist teams on disposal, to satisfy all of our clients’ requirements.
With advanced NDT methods and rope access techniques, The Institute will help you reduce your inspection costs whilst achieving the desired results.